Thursday, May 31, 2007

I AM THE STUPIDEST MAN ALIVE

Greetings folks... I'll save the verbose preliminary crap and get right to the reason why I am the stupidest man alive...

I just called up my brother Steve to find out what time I should be at his house tomorrow so we could travel to the airport together for our incredibly early flight to Spokane. His answer was something like this...

"That's not until next week, stupid."

Now I don't remember his exact words and I am pretty sure he didn't call me stupid... but he should have. I was off by a whole freakin' week! So here I am waking up at 5 AM this morning and busting my ass to finish a deadline for Vertigo Comics, only to find out... well... you know. And now so do I. Boy do I feel like a dumbass. Normally I tend to be pretty reliable when it comes to remembering dates and phone numbers and that sort of stuff, but I guess when I mistep I REALLY mistep.

I'm not going to defend my mistake (much), BUT it seemed like this weekend would be the appropriate time to go and have a family service for my grandfather. I mean... he passed away over a week ago, so I just assumed it would be this weekend. Steve got the tickets online and sent me the itinerary, but I didn't bother to look at the dates. Shame on me.

On the bright side, I wasn't feeling all that enthusiastic about traveling this weekend (as evidenced by the fact that I hadn't packed yet). Its not that I don't want to spend some QT with my mom and her side of the family, I just feel like I have too many things to do it this week. Now at least I can get my work in order before Friday, June 8th... which is actually NOT this week, but next week.

Yeah, next week will work out better.

Much better.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment